Friday, June 22, 2012

Are you ready to make history? (From the Jill Stein Campaign)

I am making a special, urgent ask to all of our volunteers across the country to help us make history.  We need everyone’s help making calls to Green Party donors across the country to ask them to give to our campaign by June 30 so that we can qualify for federal matching funds.  This will be the first time in history that a Green Party presidential candidate has qualified, and it’s essential that we do.
We have hired field organizers in several states, have contracted with petitioners to help us gain ballot access, and are paying to send volunteers into states like Illinois who have quickly approaching ballot access deadlines.  All of this takes money, and a lot of it. 
The most effective way for us to fund these endeavors and to continue to help grow local parties across the country is to qualify for federal financing.  To do this, we need volunteers like you to help us make some calls into states that are close to qualifying.  For an updated list of which states those are, check out our website. 
Please respond to this email with the number of hours you are able to volunteer and I will send you all of the information you need.  Calls can be made from your home, but things are more fun when you do it with your friends, so invite some to join you!
This ask is urgent and requires everyone to do their part.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!
 
In Solidarity,
Tia Nowack
Operations Director, Jill Stein for President
hq@jillstein.org
www.jillstein.org 



"If history is violence and sex, I'd rather not pay my respects. If I've caused offense, I'm just trying to talk sense. Forgive me if I'm too direct or politically incorrect." Jon Foreman

No comments:

Post a Comment