Saturday, May 19, 2012

On Buddy Roemer and Americans Elect

     Maybe as a supporter it is improper of me to be writing this. I was fairly involved until school started and took the wind out of me.
     Of course, I'm not trying to make excuses because I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm not conceited enough to suggest that if I would have done more Buddy would have reached his 10,000 clicks, but I am enough of my own biggest critic to say that I wish I would have done more during that chapter of his campaign. I have met Mr. Roemer and worked with his campaign in New Hampshire. I didn't do as much as I could have there either.
     This whole thing reminds me of a book I read in high school. It was by some British guy.. Was it Forwell or Korwell or something? I don't know, he wrote a futuristic dystopia in where he built up a rebellious character. This protagonist wasn't much in body, and seemed rather timid and yet he still became our political dissident, our rebel. He was cautious and excited, the perfect idol to the rockstar and the grassroots organizer, alike.
     Unfortunately, in the end, our rebellious protagonist was broken. They brought against him his worst fear and they broke his will, they sedated and submitted him at last. And don't you see that is what they've always meant to do with the Buddy Roemer campaign.
     They told us we don't have enough money, we don't have enough popularity. They refused to let Buddy debate, they refused to let him on their networks (Except MSNBC, thank you so much for your open-mindedness!). Detractors mocked his electability, even Don Lemon said Buddy had no chance of winning. Don Lemon said it and all of his puppets and pawns and loyal fans believed it. Don Lemon is the MSM, Mr. Lemon wants to see the horse races, he wants to see ratings and money, and he wants clean, corporate, bank bought candidates to win.
     They want to break us. I'm young, 19. I've been told that as an LGBT* Youth that I am UNGRATEFUL for the things that President Obama has done for the community. I've been told I need to get in line and work for his re-election. I was told that if I vote third or fourth or fifth party that I am not only wasting my vote but that I am electing Mitt Romney. The only time I'd be electing Williard would be to vote for him, and I'd sooner vote for Mickey Mouse then to vote for Romney.
     I reiterate to everyone out there who is a fan and supporter of Buddy Roemer, THEY ARE TRYING TO BREAK US!!!!! Our will, our spirit, our determination to fight. If we were bigger they'd give us the OWS treatment, the Tea Party treatment. They'd focus on our fringes, on our dark sides, they'd smear and discredit us. The corporations and big banks we work against as Buddy supporters are the same that destroy every sincere movement in this country. Turning the Tea Party into the Republicans and OWS into the Democrats.
     They want us to conform, they want us to bow our heads, get in line, sit on our knees. They want us to shop at Wal-Mart. They don't want us to grow our own food. They want us to watch television and big Hollywood movies, they don't want us to read books and watch documentaries.
     They want us to get fat on fast  foods and stupid on MSGs, they don't want us to exercise for our benefit. If they encourage us to diet or exercise it's to turn us into twigs, helpless and malnourished.
     They want us stupid on cheap alcohol and poisoned on cheap rat poison laced tobacco.

In November I won't vote for Obama, in November I won't vote for Romney.

Every day until election day I will work against those two candidates and for viable third party candidates. Governor Roemer and others.

I will work against globalist corporations and against big banks.

And before I vote for either Obama or Romney I'll write in Mickey Mouse and, as my dad says, Goofy for VP.

Governor Roemer, I know you aren't reading this, but I did want to say that I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your campaign, and I hope you'll keep fighting past all of this political bullocks for the causes you believe in. If you do, I'm behind you 100%.

If you're reading this and have a task or a job for me, a favor to ask of me, please do not hesitate. I will march forward unafraid and I hope that all of you will join me.

In Resistance,

J.A. Fisher
@JAFThrasher
J.Fisher2028@yahoo.com

"Those that dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the day to find that all was vanity, but the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams and make them real."

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Alexander Fisher! America does need Buddy Roemer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can't vote for him, I will be writing in Gov. Buddy Roemer's name come November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an old old lady, it is wonderful to hear a 19 year old as passionate about politics as you are -- Buddy Roemer was the IDEAL candidate for Americans Elect in terms of what they claimed to be aiming at. I don't think they ever were--I think they fully expected someone like Huntsman to step forward. They didn't realize the stark fear of retribution by either or both major parties for ANYONE from breaking ranks and actually running aginst them. No one had the guts. As I have said blogging elsewhere, for any traditional party person to file with AE, would have taken the courage of the founding fathers who risked life, property, family honor to join the revolution against Great Britain. No one has that kind of courage today except people in the armed forces.

    Roemer was at the end of his career and didn't care about that. Yet he had been a governor, an MBA educated working banker, populist southern style -- he was PERFECT.

    I have a Google Alert for Americanselect and have come across several interesting citations. For instance, one about a technical assault the writer describes as having targeting Roemer. I frankly didn't understand what he was saying, but it does sound highly probable. Another about efforts in California to sue or otherwise react to what they feel is AE's betrayal.

    Personally, I'm thinking to work with a group of Democrats here in Florida, because there is an organized campaign by our Republican governor to get people off the voting rolls for November. For instance, if you didn't vote in 2010, you now have to re-register to vote in 2012. Most people here won't know that because it hasn't been true in the past. Many people ONLY vote in the presidential year as we all know.

    I want to work on something that specific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commend you on that! Often times people won't take up battles that specific, calling them too small or simply not knowing about them. If there is anything I can do, please let me know, and thank you for taking the time to share a comment.

      Delete
  4. Gov. Roemer's presidential bid may be at an end, but I am confident that each of us will continue with the cause for campaign finance reform.

    I, too, wish I could have done more in support of the campaign. But the fight must continue, one day at a time. Persistence moves mountains.

    Thank you, Alexander, for your commitment. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete