A big week is upon us: The Green Party National Convention opens this Thursday, July 12th, in Baltimore, Maryland. Beginning with workshops and organizing meetings on Thursday and Friday, and continuing all day Saturday with the presidential nomination, the acceptance speeches, and a keynote address by Gar Alperovitz, this year's convention is sure to inspire.
We urge you to check out the full schedule by clicking here.
And please register if you have not already done so.
There will be key opportunities at the convention to connect with Jill Stein for President. In particular, we urge you to join us on Sunday morning for a ramp-up session on how our presidential campaign will build the Green Party in 2012.
Highlights of Saturday's nominating plenary are as follows . . .
- Speeches of the candidates for the nomination (Roseanne Barr and Jill Stein)
- Keynote: Gar Alperovitz
- Honorary Co-Chairs David Cobb and Colia Clark
- Dr. Jared Ball
- Colin Beavey
- George Martin
- Margaret Flowers, M.D.
- Supervisor Leland Pan
- 2008 Vice-Presidential nominee Rosa Clemente
- Mayor Pam Hartwell-Herrero
- Rev. Ed Pinkney
- Roll call vote of the states
- Vice Presidential acceptance speech
- Presidential acceptance speech
"If history is violence and sex, I'd rather not pay my respects. If I've caused offense, I'm just trying to talk sense. Forgive me if I'm too direct or politically incorrect." Jon Foreman