Friday, September 14, 2012

Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate for President, Talks About Why She’s Running


I’m running because we’re in a crisis. Because I’m a mother and mothers don’t give up.
When the president put Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block last year, I suddenly got religion about national politics. I’ve always been active on the state and local level, but suddenly I understood and felt like so many others that it was unthinkable that these threats would go unchallenged in the national debate. So I became involved with the Greens.
The nation is in crisis. People are losing jobs, losing their homes, the climate is in meltdown, the rich are getting richer and the political establishment is making things worse by imposing austerity on the American people while they squander trillions on wars, Wall Street bailouts and tax breaks for the wealthy.
In short, Americans are at a breaking point. Our role is to turn the breaking point into a tipping point.
My job is to give people a voice in this election, everyday people, and a choice at the polls that isn’t already bought and paid for by Wall Street. My job is to put real solutions on the table that the American people are clamoring for.


Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate for President, Talks About Why She’s Running

No comments:

Post a Comment