Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Night with John Coltrane and Billie Holiday

Frigid
like a blizzard in the heart
and ice that traps the soul.
Cold.

Absolute gloom
like a night with no stars and no moon
and your worst nightmare.
Darkness.

Bare
like a room with no furniture
and a man with no clothes.
Empty.

Love,
your love - Frigid, Gloomy, Bare
Cold, Dark and Empty,
the love you have for me.

To you I whisper sweet nothings,
at night I hold you close to me,
you're in my dreams, at night and during the day.

I wake up and now your gone away,
I sit and wait all day,
I hope you'll call,
I guess the truth is, you have nothing to say.

I guess the nights we spent on the phone,
and the mornings we watched the sun rise together,
I guess the times I held your hand in mine,
were just fleeting moments of a teenage romance.

Now the warmth you put in my heart is extinguished,
the star in my eye has fallen from the sky -
I am now left void.

I do not blame you.
I swim before my food is digested,
I jump without a parachute,
I run without shoes
and make love without a condom.
I blame myself,
for missing you.

"Those that dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the day to find that all was vanity, but the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams and make them real."

No comments:

Post a Comment