Friday, April 27, 2012

Summer Metal Tours


All across the globe, there are metal festivals, and if you live close enough to one, you may have the fortune of going. But what if you don't? Then what are your options? As of now I know of two, two on two completely different sides of the Metal spectrum.

First is Mayhem Festival 2012

Personally, I'm kind of torn about the line up. It seems pretty eclectic, and I think it's guaranteed to bring in some tons of money from the hardcore fans of all these big name bands they've gotten this year.

You have Slipknot for starters, Slayer, Motorhead and Anthrax as your headliners. But as if this won't bring in a lot of metalheads of all ages and styles, they still have something for the kids.

Kevin Lyman has also gotten, on the exact same tour (we haven't switched over to Warped Tour or Taste of Chaos here) As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Whitechapel, High on Fire, Upon a Burning Body, I the Breather and Dirtfedd.

This is eclectic. Though it doesn't bring in your Death Metallers, your hardcore punkers (though Motorhead may bring in some punkers) and as always, fans of Black Metal are left out in the cold. (If there are any festivals, tours, concerts, etc with Black Metal bands and/or Hardcore Punk bands, please feel free to share them.)

In full disclosure, I was (and still am) tempted to go to this for Slayer, Slipknot and Whitechapel.

But then there's the Summer Slaughter Tour. I feel like all I have to say here is Cannibal Corpse, the tours headliners, but let's look at who else they got to do this amazing tour this summer. Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, Periphery, Veil of Maya, Job For A Cowboy, Goatwhore, Exhumed and Cerebral Bore!

If I only get to see one show this year, this will HAVE to be that show, easily. And for me it's because of Cannibal Corpse, Goatwhore, Exhumed and Cerebral Bore.

Anyway, those are two shows that are going down this summer for all of you Metalheads out there.

Now for my fellow punkers. I don't know of anything in particular (though that won't stop me from looking) but Anti Flag is going to be on Warped Tour, which means if I have/had the money, I would definitely be going to that.

I guess that's the good thing about Mayhem and Warped Tour. If I wake up on the morning of the tour and have enough money to go, then I can go, because I know that they don't sell out.

But now your Summer Slaughter can sell out, so be looking for those tickets. At my local venue to get them online their like 30 bucks (that's once I've added in all the extra charges from Livenation) and totally worth every penny, so get them fast before their gone!

Alexander Fisher


"Those that dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the day to find that all was vanity, but the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams and make them real."

No comments:

Post a Comment