Friday, April 6, 2012

Every Morning Sun Sets


And now the sun has risen, it is beating down on me. Like an anvil, the pressure of the dry heat beats down on me. Nothing is as calm and soft and beautiful as it was. The birds have quit singing, all the animals have ceased to talk to one another. They are off now to feed and hunt and kill. Now my back is burnt and I'm bent in my toils with the harsh Earth. The dirt makes my hands tough and as I kick around in my feeble human manner, the dust stings my eyes and dries my throat. There is no water. All I have are my toils. I continue to work the Earth and it continues to buck me.

Now it is night and I go inside to rest. The air is still and heavy. I move now to sleep. The truth is you will not come back to me. Tonight is a forever night. I will live forever in this night. Forever this hot, still, stubborn air will attempt to suffocate me. I am a slave to this night. I will die in this night. Your morning beauty will never again grace me, you will never come to me, you will never be mine. As this is true, I will let the night and your memory consume me. I am nothing but your slave, a slave to a mistress who has cast me aside and forgotten me. My heart is to you a broken thing in a trash can you've thrown away.

And why shouldn't I be her thing? What am I but a thing? Skin and cells and blood and hair. The only thing that makes me more is an inflated sense of ego that is universally present in the entire race, but isn't found in me. I am shit, and less than. Why are humans so conceited? We are lazy beings who gorge ourselves on our ability to steal what other things have created. The only creators among us are women. We abuse them. Mentally, emotionally, physically. You are weak. Why must you assert your 'dominance'? Because you are weak, and you refuse to accept it. You are shit. We are all shit.


"Those that dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the day to find that all was vanity, but the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams and make them real."

No comments:

Post a Comment