Monday, January 2, 2012

An Appeal To Occupiers In Iowa

AN APPEAL TO OCCUPIERS IN IOWA


     A few months back when Occupy was just getting off the ground I wrote a letter of solidarity standing with OWS. I’ve always felt I was a part of that movement. Now as I understand it, the occupiers in Iowa want to go to the caucuses and caucus ‘No Preference’ to affect the primary. I like the idea and I understand the premise, but I think there is a candidate that Iowa Occupiers could Caucus for and still protest the system.
     There is a candidate who wants to get money out of politics and end corruption. This individual himself does not accept PAC or Super PAC money and by his own limit, doesn’t accept more than $100 individual donation. He wants to be Free to Lead. He doesn’t want to have to be beholden to the big corporations, the big banks or the special interests and lobbyists. This candidate for president, a former Governor and Congressman from Louisiana wants to answer only to the people, to you and I. He is the only candidate that doesn’t accept the money, he is the only candidate not bought. He is Free and he is a proven leader.
     I’ve tried to express this sentiment a couple of times in 140 characters or less on Twitter. But I’m frustrated with that. I feel strongly that this candidate is the candidate Occupiers in Iowa should Caucus for, Hell! I think everyone should Caucus for Buddy Roemer, but the Occupiers in particular. I know I’ve mentioned some of his credentials already, but let us look at a couple more. He got accepted to Harvard at the age of sixteen where he went to get an education in Economics, he’s been a delegate to the Louisiana Constitutional Convention, and this last one is my favorite, he is a community banker that has never accepted any bailout money and never foreclosed on a single home.
      Governor Buddy Roemer is the candidate for the people in everyway. And I think if you believe in a message that we need to get money out of politics, than you should Caucus for Buddy Roemer for President, because no one will deliver on that message more than him.


Alexander Fisher
J.Fisher2028@yahoo.com
@JAFThrasher

"Those that dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the day to find that all was vanity, but the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams and make them real."

No comments:

Post a Comment